Last Updated on August 8, 2023 by Jerardo Gomez
Are you getting ready for an upcoming trip and looking for a stylish and reliable carry-on? Don’t let planning a vacation or trip become stressful, I will help you figure out different brands and what to look for suited for your needs.
Looking for the right luggage to carry with you is important because it can make or break your trip.
By selecting the right carry-on bag, you’ll be able to take everything you need on your journey, with the right travel bags making you travel easy and cool once you reach your destination. Whether you are looking for a lightweight suitcase, duffel bag, luxury bag, or secure bag, I got you covered. With my guide, I will help you discover your favorite picks!
*Disclosure: I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no cost to you.
Best Carry on bags for travel
The Luxury Closet is a retail store that offers a wide range of high-end and luxury luggage, carry-on bags, and accessories. Boasting an impressive selection of top designer labels such as Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Chanel and more, The Luxury Closet is able to sell used, new, and unused products at massive discounts of hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars. Everything they have is authentic and verified so you know you are getting the real deal.
I can’t recommend specific items as every item is sold quickly and sometimes one of a kind but I do have tips to help you navigate. I recommend using the search terms: luggage, and duffel bag. After you use either search term, on the left-hand panel for prices, click on “hide sold items” because that is not automatically taken off the site. My favorite items are the Louis Vuitton duffel bags and carry-on suitcases.
They have many options for hard sided or soft sided bags but whatever you choose people will think you have the best carry on luggage. Pack light with some of their smaller packing space bag options if you’d like. Luxury brands have easy access main compartment and spinner wheels.
The methodology behind this one is durability, reliability, safety, ease of use, mobility, quality, and variety.
Travelpro is a well-known brand of luggage that is popular among travelers. Travelpro luggage is known for its durability, functionality, and stylish design. The company offers a wide range of luggage options, including carry-on bags, checked bags, spinners, duffels, and backpacks. One of their most popular collections is the “Crew” collection, which is designed specifically for frequent travelers and flight crew members. These bags are made with high-quality, durable materials and feature thoughtful design elements such as a built-in suiter, multiple pockets and compartments, and an ergonomic handle system. Another popular collection is the “Maxlite” series, which are known for their lightweight design and durability. Travelpro also offers a range of luggage accessories, including packing cubes and laundry bags. Overall, Travelpro is a great choice for travelers looking for high-quality, durable luggage that is designed to make travel easier and more comfortable.
Travel Pro Luggage has been around for 30 years dedicating itself to making sure they have the best designs and quality innovations in the market. Slight more expensive than retail luggage like at Walmart but the quality, durability, and other features are worth skipping retail. Their designs have patented 360 wheels, handles, and grips. I have chosen a few of their products as my recommended best on this list.
Roundtrip Carry-on Expandable Spinner – $189.99
Maxlite® 5 Carry-On Rolling Garment Bag $219.99 (best for business)
Travelpro® Platinum® Elite 21” Expandable Carry-On Spinner – $369.99 (Best Features)
Maxlite 5 Carry-on Rolling Duffle Bag – $129.99
- Safe boarding passes location due to tsa approved locks
- water resistant
- two or four wheels
- Many carry on luggage options
- External pockets
- Compression Straps
- Fits overhead bin
- Padded laptop sleeve options
This brand overall has the best travel carry-on bags because it checks all the boxes. You can get it hard sided or soft sided luggage, fits camera bags, has integrated accessory pockets, double spinner wheels, fits the overhead compartment, has TSA approved combination lock, and right carry on size.
As a traveler, you want something that’s stylish as well as functional for all your travel needs. Tote&Carry is the perfect choice for your carry-on bag. Their luggage range not only looks great but is also highly durable and built to last. Their unique design consists of two separate compartments that offer plenty of space, making it ideal for storing your laptop, books and other gadgets. Plus, they come with adjustable straps so that you can customize the fit of the bag to exactly what you need. You should also take into consideration a hard-shell case if you’re looking for maximum protection for your items during travel.
I love their carry on duffel bag and its one of the best carry on duffel out there. Things are easy to access, fits the overhead compartments, two wheeled bags, best carry on luggage for a certain personal preference in style.
CHOCOLATE APOLLO 1 ROLLER DUFFLE $499.99
White Graffiti Duffel Roller $599.99
Amazon Basics Hard Shell luggage is one of the best carry-on luggage for budget travelers because it has the essentials of having compression straps, large packing space, organizational compartments, sturdy telescopic handle, and four double spinner wheels.
If you don’t prefer hardshell, swiss gear has been making this rolling suitcase for many years. I personally have this soft sided luggage one in my collection and I like it because it has four dual-spinner wheels, carries all your stuff, has an interior compression system, fits my travel gear, has exterior pockets, is used by frequent travelers, and is easy to put away and carry on the overhead compartment.
Rated as one of the best carry on bag on amazon due to some of its features including shoulder straps, large packing space, one of the bigger carry on luggage, removable shoulder straps, fits the overhead bin, two wheeled bags, lightweight bag, large main compartment. I was surprised to find this as one of the best carry on duffel bags.
Whether you have a large or small budget and are hoping to find the best carry on luggage for your travel and flight needs. We broke down the best Carry-on by a variety of different needs to help you narrow down your pick. Stand out from the crowd and show them your best style and looks. You cannot go wrong with our overall best as it fits all of our requirements for the best luggage. Not only is it our overall best pick for your air travel needs but it’s also one of the most affordable options on the market today. As you consider your next purchase before heading off on an adventure be sure to check out my other articles here.
How do you choose the best carry-on bags?
Choosing the right carry-on bag for your travels can be a daunting task. With so many different options on the market, it can be difficult to know which one is best suited for your needs. But with careful consideration and research things to look out for include a hidden laundry bag, a removable laundry bag, exterior pockets, a shoe bag, a laptop sleeve, it fits on the overhead bins, reliable luggage brands, water resistant, multiple pockets, self aligning spinner wheels, and lifetime warranty.
How to pack your carry-on efficiently?
When packing a carry-on bag, it’s important to make the most of the limited space you have. Here are some tips to help you pack efficiently:
- Make a list of what you need to bring. This will help you stay organized and ensure that you don’t forget anything important.
- Roll your clothes instead of folding them. This will save space and help prevent wrinkles.
- Use packing cubes or compression bags to keep your clothes and other items organized and compact. Also useful for dirty laundry.
- Pack heavier items at the bottom of your bag and lighter items on top.
- Utilize the small pockets and compartments in your carry-on bag to keep items like your passport, phone, and headphones separate and easy to access.
- Consider using a personal item such as a purse or a small backpack in addition to your carry-on. This will give you more room to pack and allow you to keep items you’ll need during the flight separate from your main carry-on.
Be mindful of the TSA liquids regulations, they allow 1 quart-sized bag of liquids such as aerosols, gels, creams, pastes, lotions, liquids, and the contents of pressurized containers.
Tips for avoiding extra fees for carry-on
Here are a few ways to avoid carry-on travel fees when flying with an airline:
- Book a fare that includes a free carry-on: Some airlines, such as Southwest, include a free carry-on in their basic fare. Look for these fares when booking your flight.
- Join the airline’s loyalty program: Many airlines offer free carry-on baggage to members of their loyalty program, so consider signing up if you fly with that airline frequently.
- Fly with budget airlines: Some budget airlines such as Ryanair and Spirit, charge extra fees for carry-on, however, other budget airlines such as AirAsia don’t charge for carry-on.
- Use a carry-on that meets the airline’s size requirements: Be sure to check the airline’s size requirements for carry-on bags and make sure that your bag meets those requirements. If your bag is too large, you may be charged a fee.
- Check-in online: Many airlines allow you to check in for your flight and print your boarding pass at home or via mobile, doing so can also enable you to add or pay for your carry-on.
- Consider packing a personal item: Some airlines allow passengers to bring a personal item (such as a purse or a laptop bag) in addition to their carry-on bag, without any additional fee.
- Lastly, you can always contact the airline in advance to know their policies, which might change depending on the route, the class and the time of the year.
Best Luggage Accessories
- Packing cubes or compression bags: These can help keep your clothes and other items organized and save space in your bag. I cant recommend this enough to use as a hidden laundry bag, organizational compartments, and removable garment bags
- Packing folders: These are similar to packing cubes but can fold your clothes, for example, shirts and trousers, in a specific way, enabling them to save even more space.
- Toiletry bag: A hanging toiletry bag can be a great way to keep your toiletries organized and easily accessible.
- Luggage scales: These can help you ensure that your carry-on bag meets the airline’s weight requirements.
- Luggage lock: A small luggage lock can help keep your bag secure while in transit.
- Travel adapter: An adapter that can plug into different types of electrical outlets can be essential if you’re traveling internationally.
- Pouch or Wallet: A small pouch or wallet can keep your documents, passport, money, and even your phone safely together and separate from the rest of the contents of your bag.
- Portable charger: A portable charger will help ensure that your phone, tablet, or other devices stay charged during your trip, especially if you have a long layover or flight.
- Eye mask and earplugs: These can help you sleep better on the plane, train or bus.